Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 5

Four weeks down, 48 to go.

Every so often, it seems I hit a bump in the road and progress comes to a grinding halt. Last time that happened, I spent several angst-filled weeks, wailing away on my other blog, going through an elaborate (and ultimately helpful, if tedious and drawn out) problem-solving process to try to figure out (and solve) the problem (ie: my training was boring, and needed some pizzaz.)

This time, I'm just going to cut to the chase: I'm ditching most of New Training Levels from the Weekly Worksheet (for now) as I can't seem to get questions answered in the Yahoo! group, and when I finally have to strike out on my own, I later find out I did it "wrong".

So - for now, until Sue releases her book (and I'm getting the feeling that will be sooner rather than later) I'm going to table New Training Levels in the formal, although I will obviously continue to work informally on the obvious things like sits and downs and stays and such. Once I can get my hands on a copy of the book, New Training Levels will be back on the menu.

Filling the rather substantial void it leaves, will be things related to The Daily Shoot - those things I think will make taking pictures a lot easier.

I will, of course, continue the Trick of the Week, as we are having a great time with that, and if I do something "wrong" we just pick a new trick!  :)

(As always, click to see larger)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    Stop by tomorrow and pick up your Award.

    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. We love the setup you have for worksheet. Your training is very in order with the details that you shared. Have a wonderful day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete