Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week: 11

Ten down (forty-two to go) – this week marks 25% of the year gone. Weren’t we just celebrating the New Year, oh, like yesterday?

This week I shook things up by setting aside the “work” parts of the curriculum and focusing on the “fun” parts. Then as the week went on, I came to realize that while I have Goals, I have no reason for wanting to complete them.

This is obviously something I will have work on this coming week,

Then Sunday came – a stunningly beautiful day - so Zachary and I took Flip to foreign sidewalks and knocked off videoing a whole bunch of Training Level "On The Road" things (all listed under Core Studies below for simplicity, although technically some fit better in Family Member and Extracurricular Activities)

What a great end to the week!

Accomplished Last Week:

Core Studies (from Week 9) – Videoed Zachary TL3 – Loose Leash, his OTR items for TL 1, plus OTR TL 2: Down Stay, Sit Stay, Handling, Stand, Stand Stay, Target, Tick, and Zen!

Photography – took pictures of the dogs from a dogs-eye-view for a new scrapbook page ("Share?"), as well as wearing something on their heads, and in a scarf. (see here.)

Tricks – videoed an assortment of their tricks, and filled in their Elective-Tricks pages to show where they currently stand.

Family Member – No problem with “thuds” for the past few weeks, and so I am officially calling this item done. Beau had one barky day before “Find the Duck!” (out of 5) – not bad at all.

Dance – Videoed Training Levels Four – Heel and Finish. (Yes, those are Dance things, if you think about it.)

Just For Fun – Videoed Beau shutting the cabinet door. Videoed Zachary learning to shut the cabinet door using shaping.

Released VideoZachary: Quick Flick – Push a Door

Planned for This Week:

This is the third week in March.

This week I will attempt to uncover why I want my Goals. Let’s hope there’s a good reason! I also have much video to sift through, compile, and release.

As for the boys, I left in some of last week’s “fun stuff”, included some Training Levels things can be done indoors, and brought back the Weekly Quiz.

(As always, click to see something larger.)

No comments:

Post a Comment